HP DeskJet 4729 Ink Advantage Ultra All-in-One Printer
Easily produce thousands of standout pages right out of the box. This HP all-in-one and ultra-high-yield ink cartridges work together flawlessly, so you can easily tackle large print jobs—at an impressively low cost per page.
Print thousands of pages with ultra-high-yield Original HP ink cartridges—for less.
Get brilliant prints. This clean, reliable system is easy to maintain—and helps save time, paper, and money.
Spend less time replacing ink. Get more standout prints with long-lasting Original HP ink cartridges.
Use HP Planet Partners to easily recycle Original HP cartridges—they’re never sent to landfills or resold.
Stay connected with the easiest way to print from your smartphone or tablet. Get started right away and conveniently manage printing tasks—with or without a network.
Your device, your choice. Easily print documents and photos from a variety of smartphones and tablets.
Start printing and get connected quickly with easy setup from your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
Connect your smartphone or tablet directly to your printer—and easily print without accessing a network.
Manage printing tasks and scan on the go with the free HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app.
Stand out with high-quality prints that are brilliant all the way to the edge of the page. Count on sharper lines, graphics, and text, plus durable color photos.[6,7]
Print everyday documents with sharper lines, darker blacks, and reduced smudging on ColorLok® papers.
Put your best print forward. Print borderless, laser-quality documents—right in your home or office.
Rely on Original HP inks for durable color photos that resist water and fading, and last for decades.
Get high-quality prints—time after time—with an all-in-one designed and built to be reliable.
Cover all your printing needs. Print, scan, and copy with ease and simplicity—right out of the box.
Simplify your tasks. The display panel features simple icons for controlling print, scan, and copy functions.
No need to wait—get up and running right out of the box and automatically connect to your wireless network.
Stay focused on your work. Use optional quiet mode to help keep noise to a minimum.
-  Cost per page comparison based upon ISO/IEC 24711 page yield of HP 46 ink cartridges compared to standard capacity HP ink cartridges with continuous printing. Actual yield varies based on content of printed pages and other factors. To learn more, visit http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies
-  In comparison to the majority of consumer/home office inkjet all-in-one printers < $399 USD as of Nov 2014 based on market share as reported by IDC. App download required for printer setup; HP ePrint account registration may be required. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. See http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting for more details.
-  Requires HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app download and is compatible with iPhone® 4 and later, iPad® fourth generation, iPad mini™, iPad Air®, iPod®, and mobile devices using Android™ 4.0.3 or later. For a full list of supported operating systems, see http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting
-  Mobile device needs to be connected directly to the Wi-Fi Direct signal of a Wi-Fi Direct-supported AiO or printer prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. For details, see http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting
-  Compatible with iPhone® 4 and later, iPad® fourth generation, iPad mini™, iPad Air®, iPod® 5G using iOS 7 or later, and mobile devices using Android™ 4.0.3 or later. Features controlled may vary by mobile device operating system. For mobile scanning, device camera requires 5 megapixels or greater with autofocus capability.
-  Based on internal HP testing of HP Original black pigment inks on ColorLok® papers compared with standard paper.
-  Water resistance based on Original HP inks printed on HP photo papers in HP internal testing based on ISO 18935 standards. Image permanence estimates based on Original HP inks printed on HP photo papers. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/printpermanence
-  HP Auto Wireless Connect may not be available for all system configurations. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only. For information on compatibility, visit http://www.hp.com/go/autowirelessconnect
-  Program availability varies. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle
|Supported Operating Systems|
|Compatible operating systems||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)|
OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite
|Energy savings feature technology||HP Auto-Off Technology|
|Printer smart software features||Manual Duplex|
|Scanner advanced features||None|
|Printing Media Handling|
|Maximum input capacity (4x6 photo)||Up to 20 sheets|
|Maximum input capacity (photo paper)||Up to 20 sheets|
|Maximum input capacity (sheets)||Up to 60 sheets|
|Maximum input capacity (cards)||Up to 20 cards|
|Envelope input capacity||Up to 5 envelopes|
|Maximum input capacity (labels)||Up to 10 sheets|
|Maximum input capacity (10x15cm photos)||Up to 20 sheets|
|Input capacity||Up to 60 sheets|
|Standard input capacity (cards)||Up to 20 cards|
|Standard input capacity (envelopes)||Up to 5|
|Standard input capacity (legal)||Up to 60 sheets|
|Standard input capacity (secondary tray)||Not Applicable|
|Finished output handling||Sheetfeed|
|Maximum output capacity (photo paper)||Up to 20 sheets|
|Maximum output capacity (cards)||Up to 20 cards|
|Maximum output capacity (envelopes)||Up to 5 envelopes|
|Maximum output capacity (labels)||Up to 25 sheets|
|Maximum output capacity (sheets)||Up to 25 sheets|
|Output capacity||Up to 25 sheets|
|Standard output capacity (cards)||Up to 20 cards|
|Standard output capacity (envelopes)||Up to 5 envelopes|
|Standard output capacity (labels)||Up to 10 sheets|
|Standard output capacity (legal)||Up to 25 sheets|
|Paper handling input, standard||60-sheet input tray|
|Paper handling output, standard||25-sheet output tray|
|Maximum print area||216 x 355 mm|
|Bottom margin (A4)||3mm|
|Left margin (A4)||3mm|
|Right margin (A4)||3mm|
|Top margin (A4)||3mm|
|Print quality black (best)||Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi|
|Print quality color (best)||Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer and 1200 input dpi)|
|What's in the box||HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra 4729 All-in-One Printer|
HP 46 Black Ink Cartridge (~1500 pages)
HP 46 Tri-colour Ink Cartridge (~750 pages), Software CD, Setup Poster, Power Cord, USB cable.
|First page out black (A4, ready)||As fast as 15 sec|
|First page out color (A4, ready)||As fast as 18 sec|
|First page out color (letter, ready)||As fast as 18 sec|
|First page out black (letter, ready)||As fast as 15 sec|
|First page out footnote number|||
|Colour copy capability||Yes|
|Copies, maximum||Up to 9 copies|
|Copy reduce / enlarge settings||fit to page|
|Copier settings||Actual size|
|Copy resolution (black text)||Up to 600 x 300 dpi|
|Copy resolution (color text and graphics)||Up to 600 x 300 dpi|
|Copy resolution (black graphics)||Up to 600 x 300 dpi|
|Copy speed black (ISO)||Up to 6.5 cpm|
|Copy speed color (ISO)||Up to 3.5 cpm|
|Scan file format||TIFF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, PDF|
|Levels of grayscale||256|
|Scan input modes||Scanning via HP Photosmart Software|
|Scanning options (ADF)||Not Applicable|
|Scan size, maximum||215.9 x 279.4 mm|
|Scan technology||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Twain version||Version 2.1|
|Enhanced scanning resolution||Up to 1200 dpi|
|Scan resolution, hardware||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Scan resolution, optical||Up to 1200 dpi|
|Digital Sender Specifications|
|Digital sending standard features||No|
|Video action printing supported||No|
|Cartridges and Printheads|
|Ink types||Dye-based (color)|
pigment based (black)
|Number of print cartridges||2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color)|
|Color(s) of printing supplies||Black, cyan, magenta, yellow|
|Print colors maximum||4|
|Print head nozzles||336 (Black), 612 (Tri-color)|
|Print heads||2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color [cyan, magenta, yellow])|
|Replacement cartridges||HP 46 Black Ink Cartridge (~1500 pages)|
HP 46 Tri-color Ink Cartridge (~750 pages)
|Display||7 segment + icon LCD|
|Multimedia and Input Devices|
|Camera phone supported||No|
|Connectivity and Communications|
|Mobile printing capability||HP ePrint|
Wireless Direct Printing
|HP auto wireless connect||Yes|
|Connectivity, standard||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|HP ePrint capability||Yes|
|Network protocols, supported||TCP/IP|
|Network ready||Standard (built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n)|
|Network capabilities||Yes, via built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n|
|Plug and play||Auto Wireless Connect|
|Wireless capability||Yes, built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n|
|Mobile printing capability footnote number|||
|Rack and Power Specifications|
|Number of users||1-3 Users|
|Package weight||5.09 kg|
|Minimum system requirements for Macintosh||Apple OS X Yosemite (v10.10) OS X Mavericks (v10.9), OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8)|
1 GB HD
|Minimum system requirements||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows Vista: (32-bit only), 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 8. Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel Pentium II, Celeron or 233 MHz compatible processor, 850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 8|
|System requirements, recommended||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer. Windows Vista: (32-bit only), 2 GB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 8. Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only): any Intel Pentium II, Celeron or 233 MHz compatible processor, 850 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 8|
|Recommended Macintosh system requirements||Apple OS X Yosemite (v10.10) OS X Mavericks (v10.9), OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8)|
1 GB HD
|Software and Applications|
|Software included||HP Printer Software, HP Update, HP Photo Creations|
|Supported Printing Media|
|Media sizes supported, key||10 x 15 cm|
|Media sizes supported, key||4 x 6 in|
|Media sizes, custom||76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm|
|Standard media sizes (duplex)||Not Applicable|
|Media sizes supported||A4|
DL envelope (Note: many other media sizes are supported. Anything from 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14")
|Media types||Plain paper, Matte Brochure Papers, Glossy Brochure Papers, Photo papers, Envelopes, Other specialty inkjet papers|
|Media weight, supported||A4: 60 to 90 g/m²|
HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²
HP cards: up to 200 g/m²
HP 10 x 15 cm photo paper: up to 300 g/m²
|Media weight, recommended||75 g/m²|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||438 x 310 x 158 mm|
|Package dimensions (W x D x H)||475 x 192 x 354 mm|
|Functions||Print, copy, scan, wireless|
|Automatic paper sensor||Yes|
|Borderless printing||Yes, up to 8.5 x 11 in (US letter), 210 x 297 mm (A4)|
|Storage device and direct print support||Storage devices not supported|
|Duplex printing||Manual (driver support provided)|
|Duty cycle (monthly, letter)||Up to 1000 pages|
|Duty cycle (monthly, A4)||Up to 1000 pages|
|Recommended monthly page volume||200 to 400|
|Paper trays, maximum||1|
|Paper trays, standard||1|
|Printer drivers included||HP PCL 3 GUI|
|Print languages||HP PCL 3 GUI|
|Vertical alignment accuracy||0.042 mm|
|Print technology||HP Thermal Inkjet|
|Target user and print volume||For teams up to 3 users|
Prints up to 400 pages/month
|Duty cycle footnote number|||
|Print speed black (ISO)||Up to 7.5 ppm|
|Print speed color (ISO)||Up to 5.5 ppm|
|Print speed||Print speed up to 7.5 ppm (black) and 5.5 ppm (color)|
|Print speed black (draft, letter)||Up to 20 ppm|
|Print speed black (draft, A4)||Up to 20 ppm|
|Print speed color (draft, letter)||Up to 16 ppm|
|Print speed colour (draft, A4)||Up to 16 ppm|
|Print speed colour (normal, 4x6 photo)||As fast as 72 sec|
|Print speed colour (normal, 10x15 photo)||As fast as 72 sec|
|Print speed (A4/letter) footnote number|||
|Battery and Power|
|Power||World wide: Input voltage 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz). High voltage: Input voltage 200 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3Hz)|
|Power supply type||Internal|
|Power consumption||10 watts maximum, 0.07 watts (Off), 2.1 watts (Standby), 0.88 watt (Sleep)|
|Power consumption (active copy)||No|
|Power consumption footnote number|||
-  Dimensions vary as per configuration
-  Weight varies as per configuration
-  Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.
-  Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only; excludes wireless direct. Wireless direct may require driver or apps be installed and connected on wireless-enabled mobile device or PC. Wireless functionality may vary by computer and mobile operating systems, see hpconnected.com. HP ePrint requires: account registration, HP ePrint-enabled printer, Internet connection, and a wireless-enabled mobile device or Internet-connected computer with email capability. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. AirPrint supports OS X® Lion, OS X® Mountain Lion and the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad®, iPhone® (3GS or later), iPod touch® (3rd generation or later) and requires the printer be connected to the same network as your OS X or iOS device. AirPrint, the AirPrint Logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple® Inc. Windows is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies. BlackBerry® names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
-  Speed specifications have been updated to reflect current industry testing methods.
-  Either after first page or after first set of ISO test pages. For details see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims
-  HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement